For client applications, you need to implement an implementation of the IoConnector interface.
As we have to use an IoAcceptor for servers, you have to implement the IoConnector. Again, we have many implementation classes :
- NioSocketConnector : the non-blocking Socket transport Connector
- NioDatagramConnector : the non-blocking UDP transport * Connector*
- AprSocketConnector : the blocking Socket transport * Connector*, based on APR
- ProxyConnector : a Connector providing proxy support
- SerialConnector : a Connector for a serial transport
- VmPipeConnector : the in-VM * Connector*
Just pick the one that fit your need.
Here is the class diagram for the IoConnector interfaces and classes :