Latest MINA Releases¶
The links will redirect you to a list of the nearest mirrors, if a mirror hasn't got the latest version yet due to propagation delay you can try another one.
Apache MINA 2.0.16 stable (Java 7+)¶
- .tar.gz archive mina-2.0.16 (signatures : MD5 SHA1 ASC)
- .tar.bz2 archive mina-2.0.16 (signatures : MD5 SHA1 ASC)
- .zip archive mina-2.0.16 (signatures : MD5 SHA1 ASC)
- .src.tar.gz archive mina-2.0.16(signatures : MD5 SHA1 ASC
- .src.tar.bz2 archive mina-2.0.16 (signatures : MD5 SHA1 ASC
- .src.zip archive mina-2.0.16 (signatures : MD5 SHA1 ASC
Older versions can be found here
Verify the integrity of the files¶
The PGP signatures can be verified using PGP or GPG. First download the KEYS as well as the asc signature file for the relevant distribution. Then verify the signatures using:
$ pgpk -a KEYS $ pgpv mina-2.0.16.tar.gz.asc
$ pgp -ka KEYS $ pgp mina-2.0.16.tar.gz.asc
$ gpg --import KEYS $ gpg --verify mina-2.0.16.tar.gz.asc
Latest Pre-release Snapshots¶
The snapshot JAR files can be found at the ASF Maven 2 snapshot repository. Please note that we don't provide the full distribution (e.g. tarball) of the latest pre-release snapshots. Please check out the source code from our subversion repository to build the full distribution by yourself.
Version Numbering Scheme¶
The version number of MINA has the following form:
This scheme has three number components:
- The major number increases when there are incompatible changes in the API.
- The minor number increases when a new feature is introduced.
- The micro number increases when a bug or a trivial change is made.
and an optional label that indicates the maturity of a release:
- M (Milestone) means the feature set can change at any time in the next milestone releases. The last milestone release becomes the first release candidate after a vote.
- RC (Release Candidate) means the feature set is frozen and the next RC releases will focus on fixing problems unless there is a serious flaw in design. The last release candidate becomes the first GA release after a vote.
- No label implies GA (General Availability), which means the release is stable enough and therefore ready for production environment.
MINA is not a stand-alone software, so 'the feature set' here also includes the API of the newly introduced features and the overall architecture of the software,
Here's an example that illustrates how MINA version number increases:
Please note that we always specify the micro number, even if it's zero.